I’ve been planning for some time to remake 3 Muppet magical moments, which I originally created a few years ago using Pinnacle. This time Adobe After Effects and Premiere Pro will be used to bring better quality editing and effects with improved CGI sets and no errors left in the final edit. Here is a diary of what I’ve been doing.
Saturday, 28 March 2020
The weekend saw me do a few clips for a music video made by the Cystic Fibrosis (CF) community of Manchester Adult CF Unit during COVID-19 isolation. The video has been edited by Chris, who collected footage via social media from fellow CF people. Creating my clips for this video opened up opportunity and motivation to set up a green screen studio for making the Muppet music videos.
Monday, 30 March 2020
I wrote the script for the different videos I’m planning to make using my puppets. All acts will be my rendition of Muppet Show moments that I enjoy listening to and hope these will bring smiles to all in isolation from COVID-19 lockdown.
Tuesday, 31 March 2020
The first film to be shot is actually the second part of the film.
This sequence involves one puppet appearing six times in the same shot doing different actions for a music moment.
By the evening a majority of the editing for this part was complete leaving me with a bit of tweaking to do later on.
Wednesday, 1 April 2020
I almost finished the first video and start filming for the next one, which I’m really excited about due to the detail in the CGI set created for the piece.
I will have a worked-out left arm after operating a multitude of puppets for this.
Thursday, 2 April 2020
Today I’ve been doing a lot of editing, special effects and test edits to make sure the work is done so far has all the material required to complete the sequences I’ve put together. I’ve got 2 puppets yet to film to complete the opening number, which will give me the opportunity to film footage for the next music video.
Friday, 3 April 2020
I decided to totally rebuild the Muppet theatre, which I had started doing last year but shelved the project until now. The set looks amazing given I had 1 photo of the original set to work off. I’ve made a couple of extensions, which won’t have been seen in the original Muppet Show, which I’m planning to use for this film.